A little over 25 years ago, this lady and man met, fell in love,
starred in their own beautiful wedding and began married life together.
And, at the exact moment of agreeing "I Do", they built their very own
Great Staircase.
Ummm, like in the backyard, out of wood and nails and paint and such, you ask?
Nosiree, read on for the full story if you will....
You see, these two had already each raised a happy family,
and now by saying "I do" for a second time, they created their very own
Blended-Extended Family Tree.
With 2 daughters, one son, 2 son-in-laws,
1 daughter-in law and 3 grandchildren.
And 1 granddaughter joining in a bit later.
And 1 granddaughter joining in a bit later.
Ah, stay with me, dear readers...
For also along with that fateful "I do",
a whole new category branched out within this
a whole new category branched out within this
Blended-Extended Family Tree....
The STEPS.
The STEPS.
The STEP daughter and STEP son, the STEP sister and STEP brother,
the STEP son-in-law and STEP daughter-in-law,
not to mention the STEP aunt and the STEP Uncle...
Yes, even STEP-grandchildren.
Yes, even STEP-grandchildren.
Many steps.
STEPS and STEPS.
AHA!! You see where this is going, right??
These are the STEPS in The Great Staircase
that began with that fateful "I do"!!
that began with that fateful "I do"!!
And, of course, this Great Staircase is surrounded with
colorful sailboats and motorboats and schooners,
and several really rowdy rowboats.
Hmmmmm, now why would that be??
Why because every one of the STEPS brings with them their own friendSHIPS,
who are all those folks who may not be related by blood or marriage,
yet are firmly considered part of this
Blended-Extended Family
of the
Great Staircase of STEPS and SHIPS!!
Yes, that IS the story!!
Now it's time to join us in an Anniversary celebration
with an Italian Dinner in The Deep South of Mississippi...
in Tupelo (birthplace of Elvis...that'll be important to know a little later...)
with an Italian Dinner in The Deep South of Mississippi...
in Tupelo (birthplace of Elvis...that'll be important to know a little later...)
Meet Chef Bubba Boyardee
Although of course all of the STEPS and SHIPS couldn't gather
at the same time for this delightful dinner, they all were with
this happy group in heart and spirit.
Now SMILE everybody (this means YOU, too, dear reader)!!
Oh my, there's me in the back! How did I get in a picture??
Ha! Thank you, kind waiter, for taking this great shot.
And then we'll tour back to the New Albany homestead for dessert...
And then some guessing games to see how well we know this Anniversary Couple...
Such as:
What is Mr. G's favorite aftershave,
Aqua Velva or Old Spice??
Who is Mrs. G's favorite singer,
Barry Manillow or Andre Bocelli??
Winners were able to choose from fabulous Dollar Store prizes
like glowsticks or funky eyeglasses!
Everyone wore a hawaiian lei,
even The King himself, who showed up at the last minute...
he was traveling from Tupelo (did you remember?) to Graceland.
He's reflecting the spotlight from his shiny gold suit...
"Happy Anniversary and Thank you very much" *southern drawl*
he was traveling from Tupelo (did you remember?) to Graceland.
He's reflecting the spotlight from his shiny gold suit...
"Happy Anniversary and Thank you very much" *southern drawl*
And at the end of the evening the smiles on this happy group
(who were caught by my camera!)
matched the smiles of all who were at this celebration
(and had evaded my camera!)
(and had evaded my camera!)
and which I know match the smiles of all the
STEPS and SHIPS
in this Blended, Extended Family Tree
of The Great Staircase!!
of The Great Staircase!!
Happy Anniversary, Happy Times,
and a delightful future with the...
(Now say it with me)...
Blended-Extended Family
of the
Great Staircase of STEPS and SHIPS!!
and a delightful future with the...
(Now say it with me)...
Blended-Extended Family
of the
Great Staircase of STEPS and SHIPS!!
Hope you had fun with this little story!!
Oh, and I must mention that
for having never known a bit about each other 25 years ago,
we all get along very well indeed :-)
Oh, and I must mention that
for having never known a bit about each other 25 years ago,
we all get along very well indeed :-)
Thanks for visiting and see you next time for Life at Hilltop.


So sweet :) Happy Anniversary to them!
ReplyDeleteDidn't realize it was 25 years already. Wish we could have been there.
ReplyDeleteWishing you many more years of health and happiness together.
Lori & Frank
Oh, this is so darn sweet. Happy anniversary to them both; what a beautiful blended family they created. I love the ships and steps analogy...I'll be using that one! 25 years is a long time to be married and they still look happy! LOL
ReplyDeletexoxo
That is so completely lovely! I love the thought of (harmonious) blended families. My very Irish uncle married a very Italian lady. You can only imagine our family gatherings HAHAHA! Noisy! What a beautiful thing, thank you for sharing. I do hope my dad and stepmom will have a 25th! My grandparents are on their 57th this year! They married when she was 15. My my, those were the days hahaha!
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful tale! I hope the Great Staircase of Steps and Ships grows more and more beautiful with time! God Bless
ReplyDelete