Friday, May 18, 2012

On Mother's Day__________________________________________________


In the very early morning.
A cup of tea.
A seat at the front room window.
A feathered friend already at the seed feeder.
Happy Mother's Day to me!!


Another friend stops by.
A Chickadee.



I light my mother's day gift.
A special candle from "Our Own Candle Company".
A Watermelon scented soy candle in a mason jar with a handle, like a big mug!
It's a cloudy day, a good day for a bright candle.


After my cup of tea is done,
Time for a cup of coffee.
And a chocolate heart.  Always time for chocolate!

I'm being watched!
In case I might take a sunflower seed for breakfast!!


This boy believes in dressing formally for breakfast!
Look at that black cap and ascot tie.
White waistcoat, and grey top coat.
Very stylish.

It is misting outside.
Mrs. Cardinal looks damp,
I wonder if she's a momma this year??
Stay tuned to the end of this post...............


Now here's a lady who knows how to celebrate the day!
My mom and gardening,
A very happy combination!


A gardener's hands look beautiful.
Her fingernails tell the story of weeding and planting,
and loving the earth.


 And here is a wonderful bouquet in a basket from her step-daughter in West Virginia.
And a special card from her 'other' daughter in Arizona :-)

And more flowers, blue and purple Hydrangea from the backyard of
her daughter here in Mississippi  (uh, that would be me!)


A very Happy Mother's Day!!
I love you.


*****************************************************************

Now remember that I said to stay tuned for more about Mrs. Cardinal?
Well, there IS a Mr. Cardinal, and in this short video, watch closely in the first 10 seconds.

That was Mr. Cardinal giving a sunflower seed to the Mrs.!
Why would he do that??


Because of a little bundle of sticks,
Sitting in a tree on the side of our porch.


Can you see Mrs. Cardinal??
She's very nervous and won't let me get very close.
Squint.  Look for a bird shape.
Her tail is on the left.
Her head is on the right and she's looking toward the left...
In fact, she has one black eye glaring right at you (because of me!)!
What's got her all aflustered??...




TWINS!!


Thanks for stopping by,
See you next time at Hilltop!

4 comments:

  1. Awww Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom! Your day looked lovely. I have to say I really appreciate the gloom. It makes for some real coziness. Especially with tea and candles. I am obsessed with candles, that one looks amazing. Except, I am burning one called Mistletoe Kisses right now... not exactly the right season. The birds are sooo cute! I can't believe Mrs. Cardinal is having twins! How exciting! I remember my aunt got up in our tree a couple of years ago to take pictures in the nest of the newly hatched baby robins. Not very cute when they're first born I have to say... HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh --what a wonderful post, Elizabeth. Thinking about being with your Mama for Mother's Day made me cry... Those are happy tears for you ---but sad tears for me since my Mom has been gone since 1991 ---and I STILL miss her.

    My mother was very much like yours. Mom loved her flowers and working outside in the earth... Glad your Mom heard from the other children. That's so important to a mother you know.

    Beautiful pictures, including the birds. We have Cardinals too ---and when I see Daddy feeding Mama, I know that there is a 'bun in the oven'.... ha ha Soon you will see Daddy bring the babies to the feeders and teach them how to eat... SO NEAT!!

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so darn sweet...the birdies and YOU.
    I love your Mom's hands....that is such a good sign of an earth loving human!!!!
    Happy belated Mother's day to YOU.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Mother's Day to you :)

    I LOVE all your photos and especially the gardeners hands, beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete