Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Celebrating the 4th of July

It's very dry here and we won't be setting off a lot of fireworks this 4th of July, with matches and flames and big explosions with falling half-lit cinders.  **shudder**  Sure is unusual to have it so dry here.

No matter ...my Old-Timey Hibiscus bush has taken up the challenge of celebrating, sending up it's own stunning version of...

" ...the Rockets Red Glare..."


"...The Blooms bursting in air..."

 ...yes the song lyric is "The BLOOMS BURSTING in air..."


...like this..."....KABOOOOOOMMM!!!..."


 I'm taking quite a risk here, getting my hand so close to the flame...!!!  But it's what I'm willing to do to show off how proud this plant is to be one of the colors in the Red, White and Blue...


...giving proof through the night...



..."that our flag was still there"...
and Yes, it's OK to wave at the patriot sitting beside the waving flag...  **smile**

Happy 4th of July, America!!

Hope you all have a fun, safe holiday.

Thanks for visiting...until next time on Life at Hilltop...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, It's great to hear from you... LOVE this post. Your RED hibiscus is GORGEOUS... I've always wanted a red one.

    Have a great 4th.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza...that is RED isn't it? Gorgeous.
    Wishing you a belated 4th! I hope it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th of July!! (Yeah I know I am late) Gosh I wish I could bottle that colour of red and paint my walls with it. I love it! Beautiful, natural, incredible colour! Makes me feel patriotic too ;)

    ReplyDelete