It may have been a rainy, cloudy day,
But when we arrived on the MSU campus
and drove up to the beautiful ZTA House...
We knew we were at the RIGHT place...
Yes, it's a special female bonding occasion,
and daddy wouldn't be able to go into the building.
Not to fret - He went to the Student Union and watched TV and drank hot chocolate
And it's OK - this is SEC Football Season with games galore!!
Once inside the ZTA house, we moms and daughters took our seats
around the tables and admired the lovely decorations.
The glass pitchers of flavored cold teas,
the little white teacups,
the clever paper plates with autumn themes and birds,
the petit fours....
We found balanced on our chair an 8 x 12 white canvas...
hmmmmmm??
And at each place setting were brushes and bottles of wonderfully colored paints.
double hmmmmmm??
Yes, we were going to learn to paint in the next hour and a half!
*** And now I have to confess that I did not take camera photos of this scene,
I just watched and soaked it in...
those of you who know that I carry a camera with me
like it was attached to my arm, will be surprised at this.
Never fear, there are some photos from my daughter's phone!!
But First........
First of all I find out that my dear daughter is as tall as me.
In flats.
And I look un-relaxed and forgot to mirror the hand on hip, knee lift.
Geeees mom, get with the times!!
This is the one picture I have of the room.
I'm so clever (not).
This shot is at table level and I shall explain...
Our first step in the painting process was to cover the canvas with turquoise,
THE sorority color.
That's it drying at my table place.
Then it was time to sample the pitchers of cold tea
and ooh-ahhh over the
wonderful plates of munchies at the back of the dining room.
Then it was back to work,
listening to a lady give a few tips on painting our subject.
Everybody was laughing as we tried to follow instructions,
and follow the instructor's finished piece......
Yes, we learned to paint strawberries!!
First you draw a red heart, then you shape it out.
Then you give it some white reflection,
then turn your brush upside down, dab it in the paint and dot on for the seeds,
then throw on a leaf hat, trying not to make it look like a Strawberry Palm Tree!
Finish it with swirls of painted ribbons....
What a blast!!
Now seated under the Crown and Crest of Zeta Tau Alpha.
Behind us are the words "Welcomes You!"
AND Amanda ordered each of us our T-shirt...
With the paintbrush on it to celebrate this day!
And, it's a pocket T-shirt, hurray!!
I Love you to the moon and back,
my dearest ZTA daughter.
xoxo, mom




What a fun time! Painting strawberries together!! Thanks for sharing your mother-daughter ZTA Day with us, Lizzie - and great pictures of you and Amanda. You made my day!! - Joanne (as in, not Anonymous)
ReplyDeleteGreat, great pictures of most special moments in your lives! Congratulations to Amanda, you, and MARK! Thanks for sharing these - time flies always but seems to fly faster when you aren't there experiencing life together. Take care my dear friend. You look "Mahvelous!"
ReplyDeleteLove always, Donna