Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas: A Potpurri of Photos

(Yes, I did spell that word right, and you'll see why later on!)

Oh, and to see a bigger photo, just click on it.


Now here are some of the events leading up to Christmas Day...

Christmas baking begins...a fun way to make a mess!...




Creating the flour volcano...


Cranberry-Orange loaf, smells heavenly, tastes divine. Sounds like Angel Food Cake doesn't it?!...



The first present under the tree...yup, that's why this post is called PotPURRI **smile**


Kitterz waits for Santa, or a treat, or milk...whichever arrives first...



Christmas Eve dinner prepared by my mother-in-law, her gift to the family...no one shys away from the table here, unless they're just waiting for the crowd to move away !!...


Gooooood food!


The preparer of the feast, my dear mother-in-law, who is a bit shorter than her 5' tree! ...She has a beautiful village under it, new this year...


After the dinner on Christmas Eve, the baker is back in the kitchen making the all important tranditional...



Christmas Sugar Cookies...


There are lots of shapes, some formed from cookie cutters that I used as a child when baking with my wonderful grandmother...and some more recent like the Saguaro Cactus!!...


Christmas Eve tree and some of the loot...errrr...presents...


And what is Christmas morning without a stocking to unfill?...And then share all the candy that fills it with your fabulous parents (hint, hint!)...


My mom and Gil are here for Christmas Day Dinner, prepared by Mark...


It may look like the same picture, but THERE I AM!!



Some wonderful times were had by all, and this little doggie sings it out..! You can't help but smile with him!

(Sometimes this video won't load properly...try again sooon, because it really will make you smile!!)



xoxoxoxo


And a Very Happy New Year to Ya'll !!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to send you a special hello and thank you for your kind comment about my Mom's passing. I had not thought of our house as being well prepared to shelter the grieving; but you are so right!

    It's brief history of serving as a funeral home is serving us well ... I do indeed find comfort within its walls.

    Many thanks, my friend. I am so busy this week that I am only replying to a very few of the kind and sweet comments people have left, but I had to comment on yours.

    (And I've lost my childhood cookie cutters! I need that Santa boot!)

    Best wishes to you and your family in the New Year,
    Cass at That Old House!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed seeing pictures from your Christmas celebrations! Looks like great company and fabulous food:-) That little dog is absolutely hilarious, love the way the ears go up and down to the music! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete